Improving health and healthcare in Yorkshire and the Humber is at the heart of everything we do. Our ambition is to ensure that Yorkshire and the Humber is a healthy place to live with a health service that is a match for anywhere in Europe, providing a service of the highest quality and value regardless of who you are or where you are from.
Delivering the best services
Innovation is vital in driving sustained improvements in quality and productivity across the region and will help us deliver the national QIPP (Quality, Innovation, Productivity and Prevention) agenda, which focuses on delivering the best patient care in the most efficient way.
Innovation is also key to delivering Healthy Ambitions, our regional vision for improving health and healthcare. Creating an environment and culture that encourages innovation is a critical factor in delivering this ambition.
Over the last 12 months our focus for promoting innovation in NHS Yorkshire and Humber has been in:
- developing partnerships to promote innovation in the region
- promoting an innovative culture in the NHS in Yorkshire and the Humber
- recognising and rewarding innovation
- maximising the use of our Regional Innovation Fund to promote the adoption and spread of innovations in the region
We now need to focus on raising the profile of the most effective ideas, inventions and good practice across the region to ensure that best practice becomes common practice.
We have developed regional and national partnerships to promote innovation in Yorkshire and the Humber and are working to encourage the diffusion and adoption of innovation across the region.
Some of our partners include:
- Yorkshire and the Humber Quality Observatory
- Regional Innovation Hub
- Collaborations for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care for South Yorkshire (CLAHRC-SY)
- Collaborations for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care for Leeds, York, Bradford (CLAHRC-LYB)
- Health Innovation and Education Cluster (HIEC)
- Yorkshire and Humber improvement Partnership
- NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement
- NHS Improvement
Culture of innovation
Promoting a culture of innovation is not just about improving performance today, it is also about creating an innovative NHS with the capacity and capability to deliver high quality, efficient care in the longer term.
We are promoting an innovative culture through:
- developing a telehealth community to encourage the use of technology to improve healthcare
- developing a series of webexes for NHS innovators to share good practice and ideas
- using the national ‘Our NHS’ mobilising campaign in Yorkshire and Humber to organise action for change
- encouraging a learning partnership with Jönköping health and social care community, recognised as a world leader in healthcare innovation and improvement
Innovation team contacts:
Laura Hibbs, Innovation and Improvement Lead Laura.Hibbs@yorksandhumber.nhs.uk.
Melanie Pick, Innovation and Improvement Programme Manager Melanie.Pick@yorksandhumber.nhs.uk.
Innovation team email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about regional innovation please see the Yorkshire and the Humber
Annual Innovation Report 2011/12 - AIR
Annual Innovation Report 2010/11 - AIR
Annual Innovation Report 2009/10 - AIR